Portland Scandinavian Chorus is…
Scandia Ladies’ Chorus & Scandinavian Men’s Chorus of Portland, Oregon
We are a friendly, mixed community chorus and enjoy celebrating culture by singing together in Nordic languages: Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish; and English sometimes too!
- All are welcome. Please come check us out and consider joining — no auditions, native speakers help us with pronunciation.
- 7-9 PM Monday Rehearsals — September 12 to December 2016, and mid-January to mid-May 2017. During the rehearsal seasons, first rehearsals and on the second Monday of every month, a delicious home-cooked soup, salad, and bread supper is served before rehearsal starting at 6 PM for $3.
- Finley-Sunset Hills, 6801 SW Sunset Hwy, Portland, OR 97225
a beautiful rehearsal venue. Yes, it is a mortuary and we joke about that.
- Contact us with any questions, or let us know if you intend to check us out!
Christmas Season 2016 — Join us!
ScanFair: Portland’s Nordic Christmas Fair
♥ 10 AM–5 PM Saturday-Sunday, December 3-4, 2016
♥ Location: Veteran’s Memorial Coliseum Exhibit Hall downstairs, 300 North Winning Way, Portland, OR 97208 (main entrance, follow signs)
♥ Tickets: $7 Adult, $6 Senior, $15 Family (2 adults, 2 kids), free kids 12 & under
♥ Performance: Noon-1 PM on Sunday, December 4, 2016
♥ Buy our delicious homemade Scandinavian breads at our booth!
Portland Scandinavian Chorus Christmas Concert — Beautiful Christmas songs from Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden in the native languages! — Free, 7-8 PM, Saturday, December 10, 2016; location TBA.
Like to Sing? Join Today
We welcome everyone — no auditions necessary and invite people with and without Scandinavian heritage. Our director Vance Sele and accompanist Christopher Wilson are truly gifted professionals helping you sing better than ever, each with a great sense of humor. Knowledge of Scandinavian languages is not required to participate — native speakers are on hand to coach us on pronunciation. We give concerts during the Christmas season and in late Spring, with a break from mid-June to mid-September. Membership for your first year is free, and $35 per year after that. If you would like to stop by to listen or give it a try, please contact us. Scroll to the top of this page for rehearsal details.
We LOVE Our Volunteers — Upcoming Opportunities
Your help is welcome with: liking our Facebook posts, acquiring donations for our annual silent auction at our spring concert, and helping set up or break down for events, baking or selling bread, printing/posting fliers. Non-singing volunteers are always welcome.
- For more info on volunteering, please email Alana or call 503-706-9882.
Contact Us Today
For more information on attending our performances, joining, volunteering, contributing donations, or if you have a question, please contact us.