Portland Scandinavian Chorus is…
Scandia Ladies’ Chorus & Scandinavian Men’s Chorus of Portland, Oregon
We are a friendly, mixed community chorus and enjoy celebrating culture by singing together in Nordic languages: Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish; and English sometimes too!
- All are welcome. Please come check us out and consider joining — no auditions, native speakers help us with pronunciation, and first year is free, $35 per year after that.
- 7-9 PM Monday Rehearsals — mid-January to mid-May, mid-September to mid-December 2016. During the rehearsal seasons, first rehearsals and on the second Monday of every month, a delicious home-cooked soup, salad, and bread supper is served before rehearsal starting at 6 PM for $3.
- Finley-Sunset Hills, 6801 SW Sunset Hwy, Portland, OR 97225
a beautiful rehearsal venue. Yes, it is a mortuary and we joke about that.
- Contact us with any questions, or let us know if you intend to check us out!
Autumn Season 2016 — Join us mid-September!
American Union of Swedish Singers (AUSS) National Convention — Chicago, IL
- Tuesday-Saturday June 21-25
- Weston Hotel Lombard, in (Lombard) Chicago area
- Tuesday, June 21 — Opening Night Evening Reception and Program
- Wednesday, June 22 — Individual Chorus Evening Performances
- Thursday, June 23 — Individual Chorus Evening Performances
- Friday June 24, 8 PM — Grand Concert @ Edman Chapel, Wheaton College
- Saturday, June 25 — Evening Reception & Banquet
Like to Sing? Join Today
We welcome everyone — no auditions necessary and invite people with and without Scandinavian heritage. Our director Vance Sele and accompanist Christopher Wilson are truly gifted professionals helping you sing better than ever, each with a great sense of humor. Knowledge of Scandinavian languages is not required to participate — native speakers are on hand to coach us on pronunciation. We give concerts during the Christmas season and in late Spring, with a break from mid-June to mid-September. Membership for your first year is free, and $35 per year after that. If you would like to stop by to listen or give it a try, please contact us. Scroll to the top of this page for rehearsal details.
We LOVE Our Volunteers — Upcoming Opportunities
Your help is welcome with: liking our Facebook posts, acquiring donations for our annual silent auction at our spring concert, and helping set up or break down for events, baking or selling bread, printing/posting fliers. Non-singing volunteers are always welcome.
- For more info on volunteering, please email Alana or call 503-706-9882.
Contact Us Today
For more information on attending our performances, joining, volunteering, contributing donations, or if you have a question, please contact us.