Portland Scandinavian Chorus is…
Scandia Ladies’ Chorus & Scandinavian Men’s Chorus of Portland, Oregon
We are a friendly, mixed community chorus and enjoy celebrating culture by singing together in Nordic languages: Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian and Swedish; and English sometimes too!
- All are welcome, with and without Scandinavian heritage. Please come check us out and consider joining — no auditions, and knowledge of Scandinavian languages is not required to participate — native speakers are on hand to coach us on pronunciation.
- 7-9 PM Monday Rehearsals —Mid-January to mid-May, mid-September to December. During the rehearsal seasons, first rehearsals and on the second Monday of every month, a delicious home-cooked soup, salad, and bread supper is served before rehearsal starting at 6 PM for $3.
- Rehearsal Location: Finley-Sunset Hills, 6801 SW Sunset Hwy, Portland, OR 97225
a beautiful venue. Yes, it is a mortuary and we joke about that.
- Contact us with any questions, or let us know if you intend to check us out!
Spring Season 2017 — Like to Sing? Join Us!
Portland Annual Scandinavian Midsummer Festival
Saturday, June 10 — 11 AM – 6 PM — Welcome summertime with us at this joyous outdoor event. Adults $7, Seniors/Students $6, Family (2 adults, 2 kids) $15, FREE for Kids Under 12 and performers. Performance time: 12:30-1 PM on main (south) stage. Oaks Park, 7805 SE Oaks Park Way Portland, OR 97202
We LOVE Our Staff
Our director Vance Sele and accompanist Christopher Wilson are truly gifted professionals helping you sing better than ever, each with a great sense of humor.
We LOVE Our Volunteers — Upcoming Opportunities
Your help is welcome with: liking our Facebook posts, acquiring donations for our spring concert raffle, and helping set up or break down for events, baking or selling bread, printing/posting fliers, and more. Non-singing volunteers are always welcome.
- For more info on volunteering, please email Alana or call 503-706-9882.
Contact Us Today
For more information on attending our performances, joining, volunteering, contributing donations, or if you have a question, please contact us.