Rehearsals & Suppers
- 7-9 PM Monday Rehearsals — mid-September to December, mid-January to mid-May (with final performance in mid-June at Midsommar)
- Rehearsal venue — Finley-Sunset Hills Mortuary, 6801 SW Sunset Hwy, Portland, OR 97225
- Suppers — during the rehearsal seasons, first rehearsals and on the second Monday of every month, a delicious home-cooked soup, salad, and bread supper is served before rehearsal starting at 6 PM for only $3!
Call-Times & Events
- Warmups (call times) for performances are one hour before we are scheduled to sing — but only a half hour early on Christmas morning.
- Concert schedule with times and locations linked to google maps are on our home page.
- 2017 Seattle/Portland Choral Workshop: Westminster Presbyterian Church, 349 N Market Blvd, Chehalis, WA 98532. Arrive about 9:30 AM social time, begin the workshop at 10. Bring a sandwich for your lunch, and a snack, salad or dessert to share. Snacks will be shared at breaks, the salad and dessert will accompany our sandwiches at lunch. Just before the event closes, we will put on a short informal concert, and be out by 4 PM. Should be a great day. It is not too late to join us, 25 people from Portland will be going. It is so much fun, and you will always learn something new!
We sing in beautiful Nordic languages.
Some pronunciation audio links and translations into English of our current songs can be found on their respective pages (under Languages) after we announce in rehearsal and via email that they are ready. Also included are basic language video pronunciation guides.
Annual Membership Dues
- Free for your first year!
- $35 per renewing member per year; please make your check payable to either: Scandinavian Ladies Chorus of Portland or Scandinavian Men’s Chorus
We LOVE Our Volunteers — Please Consider Helping
- Join us baking or selling bread, copying or posting fliers, filing music, acquiring donations for our annual silent auction at our spring concert, and helping set up or break down for events.
- Schedule of upcoming volunteer opportunities and locations are listed on our website home page, toward the bottom.
- For more information on volunteering, please email Alana or call 503-706-9882.
Help Promote the Chorus
- Like us on Facebook and share our posts with your Facebook friends
- Invite your friends and family to sing with us and/or volunteer!
- Help promote our performances by printing, cutting, and distributing the fliers when they are available on the website or handed out.
- Download this pdf of business-card-sized fliers with our website to print, cut and distribute.
- Got ideas? Feel free to talk to Alana.